Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Week 9: Safari and getting a new companion.



Yebooo! This week was another fun week!  Since my companion is going home we have been doing everything possible.  We talked the senior couple to take us on a safari and it was a bucket list event for sure!! We saw lions, zebras, and so many weird  looking animals I cant remember the names of them all.  But we jumped in the back of a truck with a huge cage around it and they took us to see these huge lions and took us all over this hill side to see almost everything.  I really was hoping to see a hippo but its fine.  I will make sure to send pics.  And I will be sending pics for the next couple weeks of these animals.   We got to see baby lions and let them chew on our fingers.  

So yes today is my 2 month mark and I am finished with my first transfer!!  It's going fast.  But since my trainer goes home Thursday I will be getting a new companion.  All I know about the Elder is he is only one transfer ahead of me and he's from Fiji.  So it will be an interesting week because I am now leading my area. Madadeni 3 is one of the hardest areas in the mission so I guess I have Presidents trust.  

Had a good week so far and since its Monday night  l will talk about my morning!  So we decided to go hiking at this golf resort with a massive mountain range.  We were going to do the 14 kilometer hike but then we decided that the 20 kilometer trail looked way more intense.  So we starting hiking and when we got an area we were enjoying the view of the summit of the mountain with a huge cliff.  And we notice a tiny trail going straight up to the peak.  So of course we were down.    We ended up free climbing many cliffs and climbing through little holes and up sheer grass walls!  But we found the summit and ate some food at the top. But we kept noticing better things to go play on.  So we continued climbing up things and had a lot of fun.  We then traversed and bushwhacked it across the entire mountain range ridge and had too climb down a very sketchy wall but we made it and had one of the best adventures I have ever had!  

But for this week I will send some animal pics because I took so many.
cheers and love you all.









No comments:

Post a Comment