Monday, September 11, 2017

Don't drink cave water!





Unjani peeps!  

      So this week was a little insane.  On the hike I drank some water coming out of these rocks and I thought it was clean but its Africa and nothing is clean here so I got really sick and was throwing up all day Tuesday and Wednesday.  So much fun.

     Also it was very sad this week because I had to say goodbye to my best friend, Elder Thorsen... He's back home in Texas now with his family and he emailed me saying how weird it is to be home.  He kept telling me don't come home but I like home so I think I'll come back one day. 

   So my new companion is a Indian kid from Fiji.   This kid says he will teach me how to make good curry!  (Mecinna pay attention to this) So when I get home I'll be able to make some good curry!  Anyways I might struggle a little this transfer so please pray for me!  You have your agency though so you don't have to pray for me, its just a suggestion. But thanks if you do:)  

    Anyways we ran into a huge family the other day and taught them but the oldest sibling is 25 and she provides for the family and then there is 10 siblings in all and they all live in the same house!  Its crazy but they all are super happy and they are all best friends.  But yes the work must go on and it really is sad some of the living conditions here.  It truly makes me so grateful for the life I have back home! Never take things for granted for sure.  It seems like even though these people literally have  their family and the gospel and little to nothing else they couldn't be any happier.  So I know for a fact now that family and the gospel is truly what creates happiness and although the worldly things are great and fun the big painting contains only a few colors.

Have fun back home and I love you all!

Peace and Blessings 

Birthday in the field:

Landon had mentioned in his family email that he decided for his birthday that he wanted to buy a couple cakes and take it around to ward members and investigators and share a slice with them  So they did.  "So yeah it made me happy and that was my birthday wish, to celebrate it with everybody"









No comments:

Post a Comment