Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Zulu cultural feast

Hello people! So my second week in mission went well I guess. we get bunked a lot which means they commit and then aren't home or they are "busy". I've been here long enough to realize most the people here are bogus. We really only have 1 investigator who is super dope. But Elder Thorsen and I were invited to go to a cow sacrifice! They literally killed the cow right in front of us and we got to help skin it and harvest everything. Then following day we went to a Zulu cultural thing at the grave site for the girl they killed the cow for. It was lit because we were the only white guys there and we were literally dancing and singing around this grave! We got to go chow so much food for this Zulu thing. It was my highlight of the week. We are literally the only white guys in the entire town so you always hear "oooo umlungu, umlungu!" which means white boys. They don't think we understand Zulu but we actually do so we know when they are talking about us. It's way fun. We got bunked one day all day so we played a pick up game of volley ball in the township with some guys and that was way fun. I'm getting decent at cooking I guess. I make a mean rice bowl. The chocolate here..... To die for.. best stuff I've ever had. We go running every morning to and around a golf course in New Castle. We also play ball at the church. We are planning to go golfing one of these days. So today for P-day we played slingshot paintball in these abandoned buildings and it was so much fun! I've got some nice welts for sure. Yeah so far mission has been a blast and some of these guys in my district including my trainer are leaving soon. Anyways sorry, no pictures this week I forgot my camera at the house... I'll send them next week. love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment