Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 4: Madadeni!




Sawubona umuntwana! click here for translation meaning!  

So this week is my first week in the legit field.   My trainer is super dope.  (Elder Thorsen) I'm in a place called Madadeni and it is definitely Africa.  We saw some springbok on the drive from Durban.  I went from jungle to desert.  We teach people in tin shacks and cement houses that they build themselves.  The other day one of our investigators and her family hadn't had food in 3 days so we brought her some pop and beans.  It really is sad how poor these people are, but they are the happiest people in the world! I have already seen miracles. Also some sketchy stuff has already happened and I will tell you guys in 2 years. haha. 

So were planning on going and wrestling with lions and stuff soon so that will be good photos.  haha (Mom sure hopes he is joking) This morning me and Elder Thorsen (my comp) Elder Eastmond and Elder Ibosa hiked to waterfall and this is Africa for sure.  Also the picture of the tin shack is the 1st counselors house. We had only 37 people that went to church.  The president of the branch told me to give a talk literally 2 min before I had to get up. lol. Here are the pictures finally. 

Love you all.

Here are a few words from his letter to us as well.  He said that the branch he is in is small and that they all have great conversion stories.  His flat is a house in Newcastle and they drive to Madadeni every day.  They are teaching a lot.  They have been fed good food.  The juice and fruit is to die for, best in the world.  He also told me not to send candy because apparently they have the best candy there.  They can drink water from the tap.  



This is Africa

Home to many Madadeni families

No comments:

Post a Comment