Monday, August 21, 2017

Week 7: Islam in the Bible???



hahaha howzit peeps!  

So Islam in the bible huh?  This one Muslim proved it! haha not really he was stretching everything way far.  On Saturday we were invited to this preaching with Muslims so we went.  It was actually a really cool experience and I learned a ton about Islam.  They worshiped us kind of because were from America and they fed us and treated us like kings.  So yeah definitely something I wont forget.

Mission is going by faster then ever!! These weeks become days out here it feels like. My companion is going home in 2 weeks. It's sad because he is seriously the best.  We have become so tight out here.  We made plans to go to Burning man (music festival in the desert of Nevada) when I get home.  He's from Texas and he's a total frat boy. He is funny and I've never heard the gospel be taught so simple by anyone else.  

Early this week we went hiking through this canyon kind of thing in a mountain. Ate some pizza and had a good time.  That was our last hoorah for Elder Eastmond.  I miss that kid!   Mission is crazy out here and I've been catching lizards and having BRAAIs!  (Grilled meat)  Which is huge down here!  We get a bunch of meat and then grill it and make pap and chakalaka (a refreshing spicy tomato  bean relish.) and mmm!  The food here is soo good!  I haven't eaten anything crazy yet but that is good I think!  

As far as teaching goes we have been trying but everyone is so stubborn.  Here in Madadeni everyone does not care.  That is the motto for this place.  No one cares. Which sucks for us and makes it so difficult.  It is one of the hardest places in the mission and go figures they send me here.  Because I love people who don't care!  haha and then I become best friends with them and I tell them the church is true so they believe me! (there is more detail to that)  haha I've already made such good friends and I know its going to be so sad when I leave Madadeni.  But life goes on.  

I love you all and have fun in the USA

cheers!
Pictures!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment