Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Week 2: Sawubona! Hello

Landon is doing very well it seems.  I feel like in his emails that he is limited on time.  He said he only has 30 min to read and reply.  Reading his emails I feel like he has million thoughts running through his mind and he is trying to type as fast as he can.  I do edit, because I am a mom and I am a little ocd about grammar, not that I'm the best grammar corrector myself, but it is a little easier to read.  I try and keep his personality in the message as much as possible.  
Pre mission photo:  Credit Pam Hall photography


Sawubona abantu!!  Means hello people!
I'm learning Zulu and it is so easy!!  This week went by so fast.  I'm in the happiest prison ever! The temple trip was so sick!! I loved it! By the way the temple is tiny.  Johannesburg smells like smoke all the time and what not! We can't leave the compound because it's to dangerous! I'm having fun playing soccer everyday!  The food is supreme here!  They are cheeky because they try to feed us a lot.  We won't be fed our entire missions. (I highly doubt this, but maybe not as much as they do in the MTC or some areas of his mission.) I'm stoked to get out to Durban.  All these Africans kill me. They are hilarious! Anyways I leave a week from today so that is good!  I'm learning a lot.  My mission president makes me laugh! Ngithanda abantwana!  (Translation: I love children) They are the best. It's so sad here because when we were driving to the temple there was a mom and a baby boy begging for money on the street. By the way, the drivers here are nuts and the cops don't do anything here! Everything is kilometers and stuff!  Sorry if my grammar sucks I don't have any time! I'm so stoked and the MTC is freaking easy and I hate it but I  love it and most of all I love the people! So many languages. You guys have fun in America.! I will be 10,000 miles away just playing soccer.   
love you guys

Landon also mentioned in his email to us that he has a new companion from Missouri, (Elder Hinnen)
Elder Hinnen from Missouri.  From his mom's FB page.
who he likes and gets along with very well.  He loves learning Zulu and he also had an opportunity to teach English to some Elders from the Congo who speak French.  He mentioned how it was so cool to read and understand French when he has never spoken it before.  He say the gift of tongues has been a blessing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment