Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May 7 2018

Hamba kunjani 

Over my time in Africa I've grown to just accept everything I see whether on the street or the walls or anywhere. And the other day I just thought to myself this would never happen anywhere else in the world. This country is one of a kind. There are pigs eating dirt with painted flag on its butt. Or a man riding a donkey with a makeshift wire attached to a shopping cart with 6 kids in it. Or a bunch of little kids that make toys out of milk cartons and bottle caps that work perfectly. It's definitely the little things I will miss about Africa. And my time seems to be speeding up! It's wild hearing that all the boys are getting home this summer! And then next one it will be me. 
Anyways this week didn't have anything amazing happen. No stories. Sorry. But it is week 6 now and I think elder Roman all be leaving. I'm bummed about it because I loved this kid! But on to the next one. 
It is starting to get very cold! Which is super nice and I've been waiting to feel cold wind forever! I hope it snows. 

One thing I've noticed since I got to africa is when you are walking around town or anywhere EVERYONE is looking at you. Who knows what they are thinking but they are thinking. Haha so whenever I'm in town or buying food I try to talk to someone. You can always tell if they wanna continue talking as well and they tend to ask about the nametag or the accent. But I've really grown to love hearing people's stories out here and just talking to strangers. Some people are nice and some are total jerks. But that's life. 
Anyways I guess that's what I have to say this week. Never be scared to talk to someone. Who knows they could be a nice fella. 
Peace and blessings 

PICS 


No comments:

Post a Comment