Tuesday, May 29, 2018

March 26th 2018

Mom has been a little busy and updating this blog has gotten way behind.  I am using the date of the email as a title.  

________________________________________________________________________________________

hamba kunjani peeps.
exay feda huuzit.
This week was very nice. Had a few really powerful lessons with a member present. I'm trying to learn enough Zulu to be able to teach in Zulu because in the Zulu language its very straight forward and also people tend to listen more. But i've been reading the book of Mormon in Zulu and its helping a lot.
This is the last week of the transfer so I'm hoping I stay with my companion! Hes been in the area for 6 months and that's unheard of in this mission.  That would be funny to have 9 companions in 10 months of mission! But I have a good feeling I will be staying in Dundee for awhile.
This week for some reason we got caught up with talking to a lot of drunk men.  They just talk your head off. And this one man was just singing in Zulu down the street and saw us and yells abafundisa which is pastor. And then kept saying you know spar? Which is a grocery store. and wanted us to take him there for some special they are having. But aish he held us up for about 40 min and I just sat down and had a cat come to me so I just was playing with this cat while my comp was trying to explain to the man that we cant give rides.
Other than that we are just keepin the spirit alive down here in Africa.  We got in a huge discussion in Elders quorum the other day about if murder for protection is still a sin.  Like self defense.  Im not really sure if you have to repent for that but if anyone knows let me know! haha
okay well hamba kahle (goodbye, farewell, go well - Xhosa)
Elder Huff

No comments:

Post a Comment