Monday, February 26, 2018

Cool experience with lions

Okay so this week was without a doubt the coolest week on mission ive ever had.  We got to teach a ton which was not normal but then on Wednesday we went to one of the biggest lion parks in South Africa.  They had maybe 50 lions just roaming around. and then a bunch of tigers and all kinds of things.  

So we got to play with all the cubs which was so choice!  The guy was just like " okay just sit down and they will come"  and we sat down and all these lions came barreling out of the house and just tackled us.  So we wrestled around with them for a long time and yo!  they are so strong!  My arms look like I just listened to a Linkin Park CD.  They were scratched up super bad.  They also chewed up my shoes and destroyed my thrasher t-shirt.  So I guess these baby lions just stay with the guy in the house.  They had 7 of them.  And then low and behold a leopard was chilling in this guys bathroom window.  I guess it sleeps with him every night.  

So Allen and I really wanted to wrestle with the big lions so the guy took us into the cage with 2 one year old lions and a one year old tiger.  They were huge and super powerful.  It was actually pretty scary being in the cage with these things.  The guy told us to never turn our back on the tiger because it would hurt us.  So i finally understand that you really cant tame these animals because even though we were just playing with them they would swat at us and the one lion bit me pretty good on the side.   But it was a once in a lifetime experience.  

Okay so I will try and send as many pics as possible.

Also we had a huge rain storm the other day and we were riding our bikes through rivers in the street mixed with a little bit of sewage... So it was a day to remember for sure and I wish I could of caught it on camera.

Well have fun that side and ill be trying to stay alive down here.

Peace and Blessings. 








No comments:

Post a Comment