Monday, November 20, 2017

Hello from Down under, in Africa

The V family they are teaching 



Hello from down under!  howzit to everyone?
This week went by super fast.  It rained and rained and then got super hot so its brutally humid outside.   Has it snowing in Poky yet?  I heard the ghee is opening soon!  Go shred!  So the other day we were walking to the Vilakasi home and someone was playing space oddity and it made my day.  THIS IS GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM.  

Anyways this family is so dope guys.  Like they are the most prepared people ever and we put them on B date for December 10th.  There is a total of 8 or 7 and a few of them are super down but a few are a little edgy about it.  It will come though.  But we have finished teaching them everything so now we just go over and play games and read with them.    They all are reading the Book of Mormon and not understanding any of it but its fine because it took me like 10 years to begin to understand it. But I think I'm just weird or something because every time I read or even just sitting at church I think about skate boarding or skiing.  I have to slap myself.  

Other than teaching this family nothing has really happened.  Everyone we try and talk to run away from us.  And sometimes literally run away from us.  But its mango season and there is a mango tree on every corner so I eat so many a day its the best. 

Okay so we have this member, brother B.  He's an Indian guy who does magic tricks and is crazy.  We went over there the other night to eat and he wanted to argue about how we need to serve people not Jesus and how praying doesn't solve crime.  The Samoan Elder that is with us just gets super mad.  Its kind of scary.  But his wife makes super nice chicken curry. 

Okay well this is ground control to group email and y'all have a fantastic time stuffing your faces with lots of turkey and pie and I'll be eating peanut butter knocking on doors.




No comments:

Post a Comment