Monday, September 25, 2017

Kunjani peeps





Another week down!  I think these weeks keep going by faster and faster.  Its week 4 in my second transfer now and there is already talk going around saying I'm leaving and some say I'm staying!  At first I wanted to leave but now that our entire zone is full the best kids, I think I'd rather stay.

Its been getting hotter and hotter here and its killing me.  I miss the snow and the freezing cold.  Like the heat just makes me sluggish and dead.  All my clothes are just getting gross and ew.  But we are trudging!  The thing is though is the area I am in usually one of the more milder climate I guess you could say. Like there is a place called Richards Bay which is just miserable in the summer time so I kind of hope I don't go there next transfer where it will be the hottest!

Anyways the work is going great!  We are teaching tons of peeps and some of them are bogus and some are actually way cool.  Basically one of the best ways for us to teach someone is mention cooking especially to Ma's.  They are like "how?  You don't know how to cook!?  Come, come I teach you." And then they want to know more about us and boom baptized.  

This week though!  HERITAGE DAY!  It was technically yesterday but everyone is celebrating it today!  But we went to a huge branch party and there was super cool zulu dancing and the 70 year old Ma's were just partying like crazy!  I've never seen 70 year olds be able to dance so good and with so much energy!  I took a ton of videos but I cant send them... sorry.  
So they fed us Tripe which is cow intestines and I've never hated food so much.   The smell is really what killed me but it was so potent.  And also the cow brain was nasty!!  I'm just glad I wasn't an elder who got one of the eyeballs.  

Anyways crazy week but here is some pics.

So this is me with the 1st councilor baba Moloi
And Nelli and Neo
and then this is my homie Elder Isooba from Uganda.  We became best friends the beginning of this transfer.    





No comments:

Post a Comment