Monday, October 9, 2017

Storms




Unjani kids.

This week it has been storming like crazy and these storms are intense!  Like you think they are just big dark clouds and then just 0 to 100 real quick. -Drake. It gets very calm and then next thing its pouring rain and lightning is striking in multiple doses and the wind is like a hurricane.  It took down some pretty thick palm trees and blew alot of houses everywhere. The lightning was amazing to watch at night.  
So I'm becoming a chef.  I made some chop seuy.  However you spell that. It was incredible.  I have also made coconut rice with some crumbed prawns.  I made some amazing bread pudding.  So yeah I will be holding a party when I get home and I will be cooking everything. 

This Sunday we were able to watch General Conference kind of.  We didnt watch Saturdays because no one showed up so our branch president took us to a party where we ate and danced in the rain.  But on Sunday 15 of us showed up 12 of them were kids.  But it was an amazing conference and my favorite talk was of the one guy basically going off on how it is impossible how Joseph Smith did what he did without God and how the Book of Mormon has all the truths and how they can never be dis-proven.  Hopefully I will be able to see Saturdays one of these days because I heard there was some good stuff by Holland. 
The work is still pressing on and we are in week 6 now so we will see if I am staying or leaving this weekend!  I wouldnt mind leaving because I feel like something new would be nice but then staying could mean being with all the friends I've made and all the relationships I've made with the members especially our branch president!  We became like best friends and I'm gonna miss being around that crazy guy.  So it will be interesting either way!

Umlazi Approach.  haha so we had two missionaries get kidnapped in a place called Umlazi.  They are fine but they had everything stolen and they were hijacked and taken to the desert where they were dropped off and walked about 4 hours til they found a members house. They were missing for the whole day.  I think Pres. is going to close that area because sketchy stuff happens there way to often.

Anyways love all you guys and here are some pictures.
This spider is huge and I found it in my shower this morning!  Its a rain spider so its harmless but its massive and I was a scared nude boy frozen in the shower. 
Love you guys!!
I heard it snowed... jealous. 





No comments:

Post a Comment